My diet has been very carb focused for the past few days and today I woke up feeling rather heavy and just wanted something really light. I call this my Resetter smoothie because it’s very low fat, very light and helps me to reset my carb cravings (for a while).
I usually like to use frozen pears as it adds a nice chill to the drink but fresh is good too. I struggle to find pears that are just the right ripeness, they always seem to be too hard or overripe, so when I find some in the shops that are just right, I buy a load, core and chop them into slices and freeze them. They work brilliantly in smoothies.
I added a date because I wanted just a tiny bit more body but you could easily leave it out for a super light drink.
The Resetter Smoothie (serves 1)
- A handful of kale and spinach (that’s one handful, half spinach and half kale, not one handful of each)
- Chunk of cucumber (about 4cm)
- Cube of fresh ginger (about 1cm)
- 1 pear (fresh or use frozen slices)
- 1 medjool date (or 2 smaller ones) – or you can miss this out
- 200ml water (add a bit more for a thinner smoothie)
Blend it all together