A very simple breakfast today and surprisingly filling. Just some toast, warm berries and ricotta. You could use any berries but I think the way blueberries and raspberries go squishy brings a lovely almost jam like texture – without the sugar.
Ricotta Berry Toast (serves one)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 150g mixed berries
- 1 teaspoon of desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of flaked almonds (toasted ones are great)
- A good dollop of ricotta (at least a tablespoon)
- Maple syrup to drizzle over at the end
- Toast of choice (I only needed one slice – a big one!)
Heat the coconut oil in a small pan, add the berries and gently fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the desiccated coconut and almonds and continue cooking until the berries go squishy – (shaking the pan frequently to stop them burning at all).
Spread the toast with a generous amount of ricotta ( I used at least a tablespoon for one piece). Then pour over the berry mix. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.