I think these two complement each other really well – the creaminess of the banana and the hint of cacao in the granola match perfectly. Of course I’ve also been eating the granola on it’s own straight from the jar and I may have sprinkled it on coconut ice cream last night.
Fig & Cacao Granola
- 100g dried figs (cut into quarters – nice big chunks)
- 50g Macadamia nuts – cut in half
- 100g oats
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 30g goji berries
- Put the figs, oats, nuts, sugar, cacao nibs, powder and cardamom in a bowl. Mix the rapeseed oil with the maple syrup and pour onto the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Lay the mixture on a baking sheet and cook for 12 minutes – 400f/200c/Gas 6.
- After 12 minutes – add the goji berries and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Take out of the oven to cool and clump.
Banana and coconut cream
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 fresh banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Blend all the above together. Lovely served with the granola.