In support of Veganuary all the brekkie recipes this month will be vegan. To kick start here is a lovely baked oats recipe ideal for this frosty cold weather. This is quick to make – you can mix it up the day before and cook it in the morning, or even cook it the day before and re-heat it.
I always have a bag of frozen cherries in the freezer, I love them. They defrost quickly and take on a softer texture that works really well in this recipe. You can also microwave (or heat in a pan) a few extra to drizzle over the top before eating.
If you don’t have mini cake tins then just use any oven proof bowls and eat it straight from the bowl!
Cherry Oat Bake (makes two)
- 120g oats
- 130g frozen cherries (defrosted) – keep the juice, no need to drain
- 150ml coconut milk
- 25g melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons coconut palm sugar
- A few flaked almonds for the topping
To serve – lovely with some warmed cherries and maple syrup.
- Grease a couple of mini cake tins (11cm/4.5″) with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Warm the oven to 200c/400f/Gas 6
- Mix all the ingredients together (apart from the flaked almonds). Pour into the cake tins. Top with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before taking them out of the tins.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and extra cherries to serve.