I love overnight oats – so easy and convenient. This is a quick easy put together option – making use of all the lovely apple choices out there at the moment. I made a batch last week so it’s easy to double or triple the recipe and it keeps in the fridge for a couple of days. I like to eat mine either at room temperature or after a couple of seconds in the microwave to take the chill off. But you may prefer it straight from the fridge.
These are great to have pre or post a run too.
Apple maple overnight oats (one portion)
- 150ml Almond milk (any milk will do)
- 1 medjool date
- 1 apple – grated with skin on
- 50g oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grating of nutmeg (I find nutmeg a strong taste so whilst I like quite a lot – around 1/3 teaspoon, you may prefer some trial and error here)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or more if you fancy a little more sweetness)
Blend the milk with the date. Add this liquid to the oats, grated apple and spices. Mix well and put into a bowl. Pour the maple syrup over the top and sprinkle on the pumpkin seeds. Cover and put in the fridge overnight.
PS – Thank you to Joe Delucci ice cream – the ice cream is wonderful and the containers very useful!