I love mint and am growing a few different varieties at the moment. This year I’m growing a banana mint which really does have a hint of minty bananas! So with the sun making a rare appearance this morning I felt the need for a light summer smoothie and of course it has to have mint. I’ve used banana mint but any mint will do.
Minty green banana smoothie (serves one)
- 100g fresh melon (I used cantaloupe)
- 1/2 banana or one small one
- 250ml coconut water
- large bunch of mint – I used about 15 leaves of banana mint – if using normal garden mint then probably 10 leaves as the banana mint has smaller leaves.
- 2 blocks of frozen spinach (or a handful of fresh)
Blend it all together.
So to celebrate the start of Wimbledon fortnight there has to be strawberries. Whilst I love my strawberries cold and fresh (preferably with ice cream) on a damp wet and slightly cold summer morning having them warm seemed more appropriate.
Hot minted strawberries (serves one)
- Handful of fresh strawberries – halved
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- A bunch of mint finely chopped – I like a big bunch to make it really minty.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the strawberries – cook gently for 3-4 minutes until just going soft and a bit squishy. Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped mint. I added a few extra whole mint leaves to serve.
Lovely served with a cream cheese bagel – I love mopping up the minty strawberry juices with it.